Well, in this edition of T.I.N Magazine career tips, we bring to you nine signs you maybe spending a lot of your time with the wrong people,
when we say "wrong people" everyone should definitely understand what that means, it means people who are actually not contributing to the the progress of your career, people who might actually be having bad influences on you, we all need to get rid of things like that. Read the few tips below and make changes in your life today.
1. You Talk About Them a LotGrumbling to your co-workers about your rude boss, or complaining to your spouse about that self-absorbed relative takes time and energy. Talking about toxic people when they’re not around gives them more power over your life.
2. You Lose Your TemperWhether you’re dealing with a master manipulator or the office gossip, toxic people can stir up strong emotions. If yo
3. Your Self-Esteem DwindlesToxic people are often rude, insulting, and downright degrading. And sometimes, it can be tempting to think things like, “My father makes me feel bad about myself.” But ultimately, your self-worth is up to you and should never be dependent on someone else.
4. You Blame Him or Her for Your BehaviorIf you fall prey to a toxic person’s manipulation, you may be tempted to blame him or her for the choices you make. Placing blame for what’s going on in your life, however, is a clear sign that a toxic person has too much power over you. Accept personal responsibility for how you spend your time and who you spend it with.
5. You Dread Spending Time With ThemFeelings of dread can consume a lot of your time and energy. Whether you’re going to a party with a toxic relative, or you’re attending a meeting with a toxic co-worker, allowing that event to ruin the hours, or perhaps even days, leading up to it is a sign that a toxic person is all-consuming.
6. You Stoop to Their LevelIf you’ve started thinking, “If you can’t beat them, join them,” you may start behaving in a way that isn’t in accordance with your values. Stooping to a toxic person’s level often comes as a last resort, but it isn’t an effective coping strategy. Ultimately, it will only create more chaos in your life.
7. You Don’t Set Healthy BoundariesA toxic individual’s manipulative and aggressive tactics can make it difficult to set healthy boundaries. You may be taken off-guard by a co-worker’s audacity or left speechless by your friend’s harsh words. But without healthy boundaries, it’s impossible to protect yourself emotionally from their grasp.
8. You Resort to Unhealthy Coping MechanismsPouring yourself a drink, or indulging in some extra helpings of comfort food may make you feel better in the moment. But, over the long-term, those unhealthy coping strategies can cause more problems. If you’re resorting to quick fixes to help deal with the stress, a toxic individual may have power over your life for years to come.
9. Your Relationships SufferYelling at your kids to release your tension, or arguing with your spouse because you came home in a bad mood after dealing with a toxic individual, can cause serious damage. If you’re not careful, one individual’s unhealthy behavior could infiltrate your other relationships and cause them to suffer.
SO WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK ABOUT THIS POST? WHY DON'T YOU SCROLL DOWN BELOW AND LEAVE A COMMENT FOR PEOPLE TO SEE... SO WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK ABOUT THIS POST? WHY DON'T YOU SCROLL DOWN BELOW AND LEAVE A COMMENT FOR PEOPLE TO SEE...