Have you ever wondered if there are certain foods that can make your vision clearer than it already is? Well, the good news is that you can eat your way to better eyesight by consuming some foods and fruits in large quantity and avoiding or reducing others, vegetables are also of great help. Foods that contain vitamins, minerals and certain fatty acids can help to protect the eyes. The following foods play important roles in eyesight.
- Carrots: These are very common and can be gotten in most markets and malls even though it is seasonal. It is a vegetable that is rich in vitamin A and carotene which improves vision to make the eyes see clearly. Eating more of carrots may not necessarily improve the current condition of the eyes, but it performs major functions in protecting it from further damage.
- Eggs: Egg yolk is a very good source of lutein, zinc, vitamin E and zeaxanthin which helps in reducing macular degeneration risk, thereby protecting your eyes from ageing or losing its function. Consumption of eggs is generally good for the body system, now we know it is good for the eyesight as well.
- Spinach: It is a green leafy vegetable which is readily available all through the year, it contains a good amount of vitamin A, lutein and zeaxanthin which plays a very important role in maintaining eyesight.
- Oily fish: Fresh fishes such as salmon, sardines, herrings and mackerel are very rich in docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), an omega-3 fat that has a high concentration in the retina and is required for the maintenance of normal vision.
- Oranges: This fruit is not only good for its delicious taste, it is rich in vitamin C which can help to improve the health of the connective tissues in the eye and regenerate other important antioxidants in the body.
SO WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK ABOUT THIS POST? WHY DON'T YOU SCROLL DOWN BELOW AND LEAVE A COMMENT FOR PEOPLE TO SEE...
Ads=>See How I Can Now Satisfy My Woman Any Time In Actions. Click HERE For Details.