Below are some interesting facts you probably did’not know about Nigerian Afrobeat musician and singer-songwriter, Lagbaja:
1. Lagbaja was as Bisade Ologunde in 1960 in Lagos, Nigeria.
2. He is a descent of Odogun’s Compound, Ijagbo Community in Oyun Local Government Area of Kwara State.
3. He mentioned in an interview that his mask is used as an icon of man’s facelessness.
4. Lagbaja is a Yoruba word that means “nobody in particular”.
5. He mentioned in an interview that the mask and the name symbolize the faceless, the voiceless in the society, particularly in Africa.
6. He released his national acclaim debut album titled “Lagbaja” in 1993, the album was well received and received a lot of airplay all over the country.
7. His groovy fusion has been referred to as afrojazz, afrobeat, higherlife and afropop until now that he himself has christened the music AFRICANO, alluding mostly to the central role of African drums and grooves in his music.
8. In March 1997, he established his club called “Motherlan” in the heart of Ikeja in Lagos. It was influenced by the traditional African town or market square, where people gather under the moonlight for ceremonies and artistic events like dance, music and storytelling.
9. He won the Best Male Video for his video “Never Far Away” at the 2006 Channel O Music Video Awards.
10. He is currently signed to Motherland’ Music. He is also the ambassador of Globacom.
SO WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK ABOUT THIS POST? WHY DON'T YOU SCROLL DOWN BELOW AND LEAVE A COMMENT FOR PEOPLE TO SEE...
Ads=>See How I Can Now Satisfy My Woman Any Time In Actions. Click HERE For Details.