TOP NEWS IN NIGERIA TODAY
According to the report, Ocholi reportedly died on the spot.
The accident claimed Ocholi, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria from Kogi State, and his son.
Those familiar with the ugly incident said his wife just passed on at Doka Hospital after sustaining head injury from the fatal accident.
It was gathered that the accident occurred after the minister’s car had a burst tyre before somersaulting several times.
Confirming the development via his official Facebook page, the Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El –Rufai described the incident as a ‘sad development.’
He said, “It is with great sadness that the Kaduna State Ministry of Health and Human Services further announces the death of Mrs. Ocholi at Doka Hospital, who was in coma since the accident near Rijana, along the Kaduna-Abuja Road. Earlier, the death of Minister Ocholi and his son were announced. May their souls rest in perfect peace, Amen.”
Meanwhile, the driver is said to be in critical condition at Doka clinic, several kilometres from Kaduna.
|Ocholi’s son last instagram post|
However, his wife also died at Doka Government Hospital in Kaduna hours later.
The Kaduna State Sector Commander of the FRSC, Mr. Francis Udoma, explained that the accident occurred when the rear tyre of the Sports Utility Vehicle conveying them burst and the vehicle summersaulted several times.
Udoma said, “The rear tyre bursted and the vehicle, summersaulted. The minister and his son died on the spot, the wife died in the government hospital in Doka, Kaduna.
“The driver, the chief detail, the orderly and the Personal Assistant were injured.”
=> President Buhari Mourns Ocholi’s Death-PremiumTimes
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed shock and sadness at the death of Barrister James Ocholi (SAN), who together with his wife and son were killed in a car crash in Abuja on 6 March, 2016.
President Buhari described the Minister of State for Labour’s death as untimely, regretting that Nigeria has lost a key component of the CHANGE agenda.
“Barrister Ocholi was an accomplished and patriotic Nigerian, who was keen to accept the call to service at a time his country needed him,” President Buhari said, adding that in the few months he had been in office, the late minister of state had already begun to distinguish himself through his commitment and dedication to his portfolio.
The late Ocholi has had a long record of political association with President Buhari.
President Buhari also consoled with the government and people of Kogi State, whom he described as having lost a distinguished and irreplaceable son. He prayed that God would comfort them and grant them the grace to bear the loss.
“The entire country mourns the loss of this great man, who has sadly left us when we need him most,” he said.
President Buhari has also sent the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Engineer David Babachir to formally convey the news to members of the deceased family as well as parishioners in his place of worship.
=> Kidnappers Of The 3 Lagos Schoolgirls Arrested (Photo)-Nglatest.com
Two of the suspects that kidnapped three students of Barbington Macaulay Junior Seminary School while demanding a 60 million naira ransom have been arrested. Other suspects also arrested were the two persons who registered SIM cards used in contacting the girls’ parents for the suspects.
One of the kidnap suspects, Emmanuel Arigidi, said the group did not molest or abuse the girls, adding that they approached the school and escaped via canoes at the edge of Adama creeks on the fateful day of the the ugly incident.
=>Gunmen Behead APC Chief, Kill Family In Rivers-Punch
Gunmen have beheaded a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress in Omoku, Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area of Rivers State.
The APC chieftain identified as Franklin Obi was murdered alongside his wife, Iheoma, and 18-year-old son, Bestman, at their residence in Omoku at about 9pm on Saturday.
The State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Musa Kimo, who is currently on a visit to the place, expressed regret over the incident.
=>US Partners With Anambra On Agriculture, Oil & Gas, Industrialization & Commerce-ChannelsTv
Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, has announced a partnership with the United States in the four key areas of his development plan for the state.
The Governor made the announcement on Saturday after a closed door meeting with the United States Consular General in Lagos, John Bray, at the Governor’s Lodge, Amawbia.
The key sectors include: Agriculture, trade and commerce, oil and gas, and industrialisation.
Governor Obiano said that waste management and education would also be taken into perspective.
He noted that another meeting had been scheduled where the two parties would study carefully the proposed details of collaboration that would accelerate the development of the state.
The Consular General commended the Governor for the increased security arrangement in the state which he said would guarantee the safety of residents and visitors.
Mr Bray also commended the impressive road network which he said could not be found in several other states.
He, however, said the visit was a fact finding one in which the information gathered would be taken home for processing.
=> Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview-Naij.com
President Muhammadu Buhari during his last visit to Qatar has given the interview to Al Jazeera.
The Nigerian president has been speaking about the challenges the country is facing now, comprising the naira devaluation, the Boko Haram, anti-corruption crusade, the Biafra issue.
Buhari is seeking support for his fight against corruption and to promote much-needed investment in his country’s ailing economy.
Qatar is the actual president of Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and Nigeria is Africa’s largest oil producer.
The low oil prices have a destroying influence on the Nigerian economy, which has long depended on the export of oil.
President Buhari said: “ We were unable to diversify our economy, hence we are much more disadvantaged by the lower oil prices.”
He tells the journalist that he values the institution of OPEC and that “ Nigeria will make the necessary sacrifice to remain in OPEC.”
On naira devaluation, the Nigerian leader of the nation said he would not reconsider his insistence on freezing the currency. President Buhari said as Nigeria “virtually imports everything, from rice to toothpicks”, it cannot afford to devalue its currency.
“If it is against our national interest, why can’t we go against the IMF advice? ” Buhari asks.
Two major Buhari’s promises during the election campaign last year were to eradicate corruption and end the Boko Haram insurgency.
Speaking on the Boko Haram, the president restated that none of local government areas has been occupied by the insurgents, adding that he hasn’t failed against the insurgents
However, the Boko Haram remains active in many areas of Nigeria, seemingly able to strike at will.
Being asked how Buhari is planning to deal with Biafra, the president said: “ At least two millions Nigerians were killed in the Biafra war. And for somebody to wake up, may be they weren’t born. Looking for Biafra after two millions people were
killed, they are joking with the security and Nigeria won’t tolerate Biafra.”
The declaration of the Independent Republic of Biafra in 1967 caused a civil war that resulted in the death of millions and the re-annexation of the republic to Nigeria in 1970.
The administration of President Buhari has always maintainedthat Nigeria’s unity is a priority for the country and that while peaceful pro-Biafran protests are welcome, demanding the
separation of the Biafran territories is against the constitution.
=>APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike- Punch
Wike said the APC plans to win the forthcoming legislative rerun in order to get the majority in the state House of Assembly and subsequently remove him as governor.
The governor further alleged that part of the opposition party’s plot was to use security agents to intimidate and arrest top members of the Peoples Democratic Party and government functionaries to pave way for rigging during the election.
Wike, who spoke during a phone-in programme at a Port Harcourt-based radio station on Saturday, vowed not to fold his hands and watch the harassment and arrest of PDP members by security agents.
The governor also said the he would be involved in the March 19 exercise and would not allow anybody to rig the state and National Assembly election.
The governor had earlier directed all PDP leaders, council chairmen and government functionaries to resist arrest by security agents based on trumped-up charges.
He said, “They (APC) want to win all the House of Assembly seats that are declared for rerun so that they can impeach me. They want me to fold my hands because I am a governor? Nobody does that. I am not a governor that will not just sit in his office.
=> Nigeria, part of Saudi’s anti-terror Islamic coalition – Buhari-Punch
=> Mile 12 mayhem: Traders lament loss of N500m goods-Vanguard
Lagos—Chairman of the Hausa traders at Mile 12 market, Alhaji Haruna Muhammed hs appealed to Lagos State chapter of the Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, to prevail on the state government to re-open the market, disclosing that perishable goods worth more than N500 million was lost to the closure.
Security operatives at Mile 12 Security operatives at Mile 12
He clarified that traders at the market had no hand in the mayhem.
According to him; “Mile-12 market was not part of the clash. While the clash was going on, we were going about our trading. We appeal to Arewa Forum to help us talk to Lagos State Government to re-open the market.
‘’As I speak, hundreds of trailer loads of perishable foodstuffs are waiting on the Ibadan Express-way.
This is as the Lagos State chapter of the Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, has spoken on the need for the Hausa community and other residents in Mile 12 area of Lagos to live in peace with one another.
Chairman of the forum, Alhaji Aminu Dogara, who led some officials to Mile 12 following last Wednesday’s clash, which resulted in the loss of lives and wanton destruction of property, described the incident as unfortunate, stating that the market was meant for all Nigerians, irrespective of tribe or religious affiliation.
READ FULL NEWS
=>Ex-governor stashed $517m loot in UAE, under EFCC watch-The Nation
– Former Nigerian governor attempted to transfer his loot from UAE to Dominican Republic – The ex-governor reportedly stashed $517m loot in the Middle East country – He is now under the watch-list of the UAE and the EFCC A former Nigerian governor who is believed to have stashed $517million loot in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is under close watch. The Nation reports that the ex-governor recently attempted to move the looted funds to the Dominican Republic but it was thwarted by the authorities in the UAE who are keeping intense watch over him. The Middle East country is also keeping watch over the accounts and other transactions of some Nigerian VIPs who have used the country as a safety net for their loots. There is a collaboration between the Nigerian and UAE security agencies to monitor the activities of many Nigerians, especially those categorized as “Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs). The intelligence report on the former governor is one of the dividends of the collaboration. The former governor is “under the watch-list of the UAE and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC),” a source familiar with the development said. The source said the former governor tried to transfer the loot because UAE law is now strict, adding that the law will catch up with him. “The affected ex-governor is lying low and avoiding that country in order not to suffer the James Ibori fate,” the source said. According to Mallam Shehu Sani, the chairman of the Senate committee on Foreign and Domestic Debts, as much as $200 billion of stolen funds from Nigeria may have been hidden in the UAE by past public officers and their agents/fronts. He said: “Over $200 billion are stashed away in Dubai alone. This may be the monies stolen in the last 20 years. I am not talking about estates and bonds and other securities bought with Nigeria’s stolen money.”
READ FULL NEWS
=> Wizkid’s Ex- ‘girlfriend’ dispels pregnancy rumour
Popular musician, Wizkid’s off and on Girlfriend, Tania Omotayo has a funny way of dispelling pregnancy rumours Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Tania Omotayo Tania Omotayo Wizkid’s girlfriend, Tania, who has reportedly ended the relationship with the singer, over the alleged babymama drama the musician has recently been named in, shared a post on Instagram, and one of her followers called her out. Here’s a screenshot of the picture below: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Tania The follower, @marveleuphoria thought she looked pregnant and promptly asked, a question to which Tania instantly replied to, with a hilarious answer.
Here’s what Tania said: “@marveleuphoria somebody cannot eat in peace again? Well maybe sha pregnant with amala and ewedu ?” Here’s a screenshot of the exchange below: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Tania Do you think Wizkid has scored another goal?
=> ‘I’m Single, I Need A Guy’ – Toke Makinwa Shouts On Instagram
The popular & highly controversial TV host, Vlogger and OAP, Toke Makinwa took to instagram this morning to say she is single and needs a guy.
This doesn’t come as a surprise since her marriage has been hippitty hop ever since her husband, Maje Ayida bore a child with his long time lover.
we hope she finds a lover, considering the fact that age isn’t on her side anymore.link to video