Do you need some help in the flirting department? Have your . attempts to flirt fallen flat? If you just end up flirting with disaster every time you try to flirt with someone, the good news is that you can improve your flirting skills right now with these seven simple steps.
1. Make eye contact. Making eye contact is one of the most crucial steps toward becoming a better flirt. So the next time you spot someone whom you find interesting, try to make eye contact with him or her.
But it’s not just any eye contact, as you shouldn’t stare imposingly at this person to the point where he or she feels uncomfortable. Rather, you should try to hold your gaze and lock eyes for slightly longer than normal, as this lets this person know that he or she has caught your attention without you having to say a word.
2. Smile. After you’ve made eye contact with someone you find intriguing, the next move you should make is one with your mouth. Smiling not only lets this person know that you’re interested in him or her, but it implicitly tells this person that you’re happy, upbeat and bubbly, all of which are characteristics that one finds appealing in another. Simply . smiling, you’re enabling others to feed off of your positive energy and making it easier for them to approach you and/or be more amenable to you approaching them.
3. Pay attention to your body language. In addition to smiling, it’s important to pay closer attention to other components of your body language. Are you hunched over or standing up tall?
Are your arms crossed or down . your side? . tweaking your body language, paying attention to your posture and opening yourself up so as to not appear closed off, these non-verbal cues can let those around you know that you’re accessible, easy to talk to and confident in yourself and what you have to offer.
4. Be a good listener. When you decide to approach this person and/or this person approaches you, it’s important that you don’t dominate the conversation. While your instincts may be to do all of the talking, you shouldn’t hog the conversation since this will only make you appear overbearing, self-absorbed and rude. Instead, tap into your listening skills and let this person heavily contribute to the conversation. In fact, . listening intently without interruptions or distractions, such as . stopping to look at your phone, you’re showing him or her that you’re fully committed to and interested in what he or she has to say. Plus, listening will also give you a clearer picture of this person so you can see if you’d like to spend more time with him or her in the future.
5. Ask questions. If you’re definitely interested in getting to know this person better, don’t be afraid to ask questions. Most people enjoy talking about themselves, and . asking questions, you’ll not only be able to learn more about this person, but you’re also showing that you’re invested in learning more about his or her opinions, experiences and beliefs. Moreover, these questions can also create numerous opportunities for you to find shared experiences and similar perspectives that can help to create a tighter bond between the two of you.
6. Give a real compliment. If you’re looking to show this person that you’re interested in something more, complimenting him or her is always a good idea. However, instead of complimenting him or her based on looks or other superficialities, you can also show him or her your high level of interest . complimenting something that he or she discussed. Not only can this type of compliment make him or her feel important and special, it can also subtly demonstrate that you’re into him or her on a deeper and more meaningful level.
7. Have fun. Flirting shouldn’t be viewed as a chore, annoyance or stressful activity. In fact, flirting should be fun! With this in mind, it’s not surprising that laughter is a key component of successful flirting as well as approaching the situation with a positive attitude. After all, you probably know from experience that it’s more fun and exciting to be around someone who’s laughing, optimistic and exuding positivity. And while it may take a little bit of time for you to hone your flirting skills, it’s important to remember that practice makes perfect.