The Nigerian Navy
Recruitment 2017 has commenced, the online process for application will
last for just a month, after which the portal will be closed July 31.
Nigerian Navy is a branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces. It was in 1914
after the amalgamation of the then Northern and Southern Nigeria, the
Nigerian Marine (as it became known after 1914) was a quasi-military
organization. This force expanded to become the Southern Nigerian Marine
in 1893. A Northern Nigeria equivalent was formed in 1900. The two
Marines were merged in 1914.
The current Chief of Naval Staff is Vice Admiral Ibok Ekwe Ibas who was appointed on July 13, 2015 by President Muhammadu Buhari . The 2017 recruitment exercise into the Nigerian Navy begins July 1.
These are steps on how to apply:
- The recognized official website for interested candidates is via the Nigerian navy website: www.joinnigeriannavy.com
- Click on the Register button to create an account on the portal by
providing a valid Email Address (which will be used as your User Name)
and Password. NB. You will need your Email Address (User Name) and
Password to log in next time.
- Complete the Application form. You can save your application. You
may log in at any time before application closes to make changes to your
- Make sure you review your data carefully before submitting. Changes
are not allowed after submission. You may not be shortlisted if you do
not submit your application.
- Finally while submitting the form online, applicants are to print out the completed application form which must include:
– Declaration and Certification by Parents/ Guardian
– Local Government Area Certificate Form
– Police Certification Form
– Guarantor Form.
Applicants are expected to apply once as multiple online application will lead to disqualification of candidate