Mangú is a Dominican traditional side dish, served
for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It has plantain (unripe) as its major
Like everything else in your body, your immune system needs plenty of
nutrients to perform well, especially Vitamin A and C. Vitamin A is a
powerful antioxidant, and vitamin C helps keep your immune system
response up to bar. And plantains provide a 36% of your daily
recommended servings of both.
Unripe plantains are relatively low in carbohydrates, with high fibre
content, essential vitamins, and minerals. It contains very low sugar,
when compared to ripe or overripe plantain, and this makes it a good
choice for diabetes. Unripe plantain is rich in calcium, which is the
essential mineral needed for stronger bones, muscles, nails, and teeth.
Making unripe plantain part of your healthy meal plan will help you in
improving sexual performance through increased libido, improve male
fertility, thicker sperm, and volume.
- 3 plantains(green plantains)
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Peel and chop the onion, garlic and plantains.
- Cook the plantain in salted boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Pour in a little cold water to break the boiling water, and soften the plantains.
- Bring to a second boil, and simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain and mash the plantains.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic.
- When the onion is transparent, add the plantains, and mash everything that is consistent.
- Add a little hot water to avoid hardening.
- Serve hot.
Read ALSO: T.I.N MAGAZINE Interesting Interview With 21yrs Old Popular Nigerian Doctor With Wonder Works; Dr Sunny Amaechi(pics)