Okra or ‘okro’ is known in many English countries as Ladies fingers.
It is highly nutritious, containing lots of health benefits. Okra
improves the digestive health, vision, boosts the skin as well as lowers
Fried okra is not very common is not very common in these parts, as
okra is used in making soup. Fried okra is simply okra coated with
cornmeal and spices fried to a delicious golden perfection. It makes for
a healthy vegetable snack as it is rich in fibre which helps keep you
full. Frying the okra makes it less slimy. It’s a healthy replacement
for snacks you should stay away
You can eat it like that or pair it up with tomato sauce.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 10 pods of okra, (sliced)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of cornmeal
- ¼ tablespoon of salt
- ¼ ground black pepper
- ½ vegetable oil
- Beat the egg
- Soak the okra in egg for 5-10 minutes
- Combine the cornflour, ground pepper and egg mixture and mix well
- Take the soaked okra and roll in the cornflour mix
- Pour the oil into a skillet and heat the oil over medium heat
- Carefully place the okra in hot oil, stir continuously.
- Fry till the okra is golden, drain on paper towels